Skip to main content

Mimi G High Waist DIY Pencil Skirt

Hello My Lovely Sew Friends!  I hope all is well today!



Today marks my very first blog post!  Can I get Whoop Whoop!?  LOL.   Creating a blog appeared to be fun until it was time for me to create the layout, themes and everything else to make it readable, but ghee whiz who knew it would be so much!



Anyway, I wanted to share with you my very first DIY pencil skirt.  It's a self drafted pattern from the Mimi G. collection.  My rendition is pictured below. 



The skirt is very form fitting and quite classic I should add. I love the way it fits and compliments my curves.  There are two side pockets right at the hip line, which reminds me of cargo pockets.  They are nice accents to add to the skirt and yet very sophisticated.  I added brass buttons to my pockets, lending just the right amount of flair without making the skirt appear too casual.





My Creation of the Mimi G. High Waist Pencil Skirt




The Mimi G. version, posted below gave me such inspiration and it's a wonderful tutorial I should add.  I plan to make this skirt again in the future, but I'm thinking about jazzing it up a bit by adding a 24' inch zipper to the front the skirt and omitting the pockets; now that's a sexy look LOL.  Also, I'll use a Ponte Knit next time versus the Sateen fabric that I used for my skirt.  I purchased my Sateen fabric from JoAnn Fabrics and it's very nice with great stretch and good structure. 




Mimi G. DIY Hi Waist Pencil Skirt




Anyway, I hope that you will follow my blog journey and keep an eye out for the fun and creative things that I will be posting in the future.   Looking forward to your encouragement and POSITIVE feedback...smoochezzzzz!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging the Beginning

Hello Angels! Ok let’s get right down to it.   Bloggin’ ain’t easy!   This is only my second day and I’m trying to figure out how to properly set up my account.   It’s a little tricky needless to say, but I’m determined so bear with me please. Where do I begin and what shall I talk about and why?   I’ll start at the beginning.   I took up sewing because I realized I needed a hobby and I needed to keep my mind sharp!   I also thought that being able to make my own clothes would be a great investment for me as well.   Only thing is I had no real sewing experience.   Back in Junior High School, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the 70’s I took a home economics course in sewing, as most of us did.   Outside of practicing making straight stitches, sewing round circles on templates and learning the very basics, we finally made a wearable garment; a Dashiki and that was it.     Fast forward to the early 1990’s, while home on bed rest when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter, I pleaded